Impact assessment at the heart of the project selection process
The social and environmental impact of our projects is evaluated by a three-step approach.
Projects are selected by Synergy Solaire according to specific criteria. The compliance with the purpose of the endowment fund, the response to clearly identified local needs and the perennial nature of the project are key components of the Selection Committee’s decision.
Throughout the installation phase, Solar Synergy provides continuous technical monitoring. Furthermore, an assessment visit is done at the end of the installation to make sure that all the initial objectives have been fulfilled.
Once the installation is complete, we follow the performance of the facilities through our monitoring technologies. The social and environmental impact of installed projects is presented in our annual impact report.
GERES, Mali: Solar electrification of an economic activity zone
Access to renewable energies
- local production of electricity;
- 100% renewable energy.
Improvement of economic conditions
- The economic activity zone creates local businesses and services for the local population ;
- Local job creation.
Humana People to People, Mozambique
- Promotion of entrepreneurship by the instalment of solar lamps and the electrification of schools;
- Study time per child going to school increases by 45% on average thanks to solar lamps;
- Teachers are able to work with children and make lesson plans when there is little or no natural light;
- Replacing kerosene with solar energy eliminates the risks of severe burns and household fires